[Kmymoney-devel] Fwd: Re: KMyMoney: Import CSV file from bank (csvbankingqif.py)

aga aganderson at ukonline.co.uk
Sat Apr 3 18:08:53 CEST 2010

Re: KMyMoney: Import CSV file from bank (csvbankingqif.py)
 From: aga <aganderson at ukonline.co.uk>
 To: heart1010 at gmail.com

On Saturday 03 Apr 2010 11:10:47 you wrote:
> Hi Allan,
>
> > I didn't have my brain in the right gear when I asked about translation.
> >  The last hack I did was on that front, but it would only be relevant to
> >  user messages, which possibly you didn't see.  I think you'd just see
> > the English language as no translations could have been done yet!
>
> Yes, sure.. only the english language in the csv2qifui but I think that's
>  ok!
>
> > That's strange.  Here, the combo-box is disabled on start-up, although
> > the label is not.  I'd had to do some last-minute tweaks to the UI -
> > field sizes/positions etc. - and did enable that label to compare with
> > the one above which was too narrow for the font.  I forgot to disable it
> > again, but I'll attend to that.
>
> Yes, only the label isn't disbaled here too... sorry for my bad english ;-)

It's fine, no need at all to apologise!

> > > - when I import the generated qif file in KMM the memo field on every
> > >   transaction has " :" at the end. Is this a Csv2QifUi fault? So
> > > speaking in my prev. example my memo filed looks now like:
> > >   "MIETE 05.2009 U. HAUSHALTSGELD :" and not like it is in original:
> > >   "MIETE 05.2009 U. HAUSHALTSGELD"
> >
> > What I omitted to mention to you, I think, is that the memo combo works a
> >  bit differently from the others.  When I did a version of the script for
> > a Spanish user, he wanted to be able to drop two columns into the memo
> > field.
>
> My csv file also have more than one column for memo fileds. But I have
> edited myself this csv file and joined all memo fields from the bank csv
> to one column field and then load this edited csv file into your csv2qifui.
> So I can use all that informations in KMyMoney.

Yes, you don't need to do that now, as csv2qifui can do it for you.

> > You do that by entering the first column number, then hitting Return,
> > then entering/selecting the second column.  I added the ':' to separate
> > the two items in the memo.  I might alter that to put it before any
> > second field, rather than after the first, in case there isn't a second
> > one.

A slight change to what I said here.  If you use the drop-down to select the
columns, select the first, then repeat for the second, etc.  You only need to
hit return if you type the number in.

> I don't understand that exactly? Do you mean entering memo field in
>  Kmymoney manually (where you can have more than 1 line of memo
>  informations) or do you mean your csv2qifui program can handle more than
>  one memo columns!?

The memo drop-down in csv2qifui prog. can handle more than one field and add
them into the memo field for import.

> > Good grief!!!  I never imagined someone having that many lines in a
> >  statement. It's possible to alter the pre-set value, but it may be I've
> >  over-looked something.  I assume you did try altering it?  As I don't
> > have a csv file anywhere near that size, perhaps you could confirm and
> > I'll check again. Incidentally, that value is changeable, to allow
> > exclusion of trailing lines in the wrong format.  Oh, I see the trouble.
> > I've allowed only two digits. I'll alter that later and send you a new
> > version.
>
> Yes, only two digits allowed here. As said I've used to get all my bank
>  transactions with another program the last years. So I have many years
>  back my transactions in this program. I exported this as csv file and now
>  I want to import that huge file with around 2000 transactions in kmymoney
>  and use kmymoney in the future. So more than two digits in your ui program
>  would be really nice ;-)
>
> Hermann

In fact, I'd set a maximum of 99 in the GUI, which I've now changed to 3000.
Hope nobody bursts that.  I'll need to check the plugin in case it affects
performance.  I doubt it, though.

Version 0.1 is attached (not copied to lists), which I've compressed.

Good luck and let's know how it goes.