[Kmymoney-devel] Aqbanking plugin for the KDE4 version

Martin Preuss martin at aquamaniac.de
Fri Oct 30 15:48:52 CET 2009

Hi,

On Freitag, 30. Oktober 2009, Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> On Friday 30 October 2009 15:14:41 Martin Preuss wrote:
[...]
> > I already proposed a long time ago to take over the plugin into KMM's
> > repository, so there is no problem from my side ;-)
>
> Originally, it was part of the KMyMoney repository and we extracted it into
> Martin's SVN repository for some reason I cannot remember. I left it there
> (for the KDE3 version) such that packagers have a single place to look at.
[...]

I my memory serves me well I think it was a little bit different...
You had a plugin for AqBanking2 and I started developing one for AqBanking3
using your plugin as a starting point.

Initially you didn't want to take over the plugin into KMM's sources because
you didn't want to switch to AqBanking3 just then but rather support the at
that time well established AqBanking2.

However, the situation has changed. Now AqBanking2 is quite outdated, and I
think it would be a good idea for KMM's KDE4 port to switch to AqBanking4 now.
In that case the plugin hosted by my SVN server should replace the old
aqbanking2-based plugin in KMM.

I would then remove the plugin from my server to make KMM from then on the
only source for that plugin.

[...]
> I can help with this because I am a frequent (daily) user of the plugin.
> AFAIR (and Martin please correct me if I am wrong) AqBanking already
> compiles/works with Qt4. Before I start searching: is there any
> documentation on howto build AqBanking/Gwen for Qt4?  I am just lazy/too
> busy these days, so I simply ask.
[...]

Christian Stimming wrote some notes towards that end (it is one of the
README's in AqBanking).

Regards
Martin

--
"Things are only impossible until they're not"

Martin Preuss - http://www.aquamaniac.de/
AqBanking - http://www.aqbanking.de/
LibChipcard - http://www.libchipcard.de/