[Kmymoney-devel] kmymoneyselector

Alvaro Soliverez asoliverez at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 02:47:15 CEST 2009

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 12:44 PM, Cristian Oneţ <onet.cristian at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 5:40 PM, Alvaro Soliverez<asoliverez at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hello all,
> > I have been working on porting this class to a KDE4 one. From what I
> > understand, this class should be moved to a proxy, because it deals
> > primarily with filtering items.
> > It has some other functionality, which should be moved to the
> corresponding
> > widgets because it is mostly about whether items can be selected or
> checked.
> > This class is inherited by kmymoneyaccountselector, and used by
> > kmymoneycombo, and kmymoneycompletion, so all those will have to change
> too
> > in time.
> > In a first stage, I will only change kmymoneyaccountselector to a KDE4
> > widget, to prove the approach is solid.
> > Also, this will help get the ledgers in a usable state.
> >
> > Any thoughts on this?
> As a developer I would say yeah go ahead :) but as a user who would
> like to get his hands as fast as possible on a usable (just the basics
> really no online banking and stuff) kde4 version of kmymoney (since
> its the only application that keeps my kde-libs 3.5 on my system) I
> would say: Wouldn't it be easier to make it work without re-writing
> and refactor it after it works?
> But if you judge that it's better this way it's OK from my POW. I know
> that while searching for the reason the widgets pop-ups were not
> working (this is the way I learned about the Qt::Popup widget flag :)
> ) I saw that the Qt combo widget had the same architecture and I was
> thinking that maybe it would be easier to replace the kmymoney widget
> with a corresponding Qt widget but then I taught of all the small
> customizations that the kmymoney widget has and I said to myself:
> leave it that way for now...

Yes, I have been looking at the widget for some time, and I think that it
will be easier to port it, rather than try to fix it.
Just like you, I'm very wary of getting into porting the widget to the Qt4
widget. That's why I sent this email on the first place.
I will look a little further into it before doing any real work.

In the meantime, is there any other area you think I could get my hands
dirty on? :)