[Kmymoney-devel] appdate problem

Alvaro Soliverez asoliverez at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 17:25:22 CEST 2009

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 9:56 AM, Cristian Oneţ <onet.cristian at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 3:09 PM, tonyb<tonyb.lx at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> > I'm really impressed with the progress you guys have been making. A
> couple of
> > questions:
> >
> > 1. Where there are both Qt and KDE versions of a class (e.g.
> K/QMessageBox),
> > is there a preference to use the KDE version, even if the Qt version
> provides
> > the functionality we want? (My thinking is that when we port to Win, the
> Qt
> > versions are likely to be in a more mature state and produce less in the
> way
> > of problems).
> AFAIK if we are a KDE application we should use the KDE versions
> because many of the widgets provide KDE specific functionality. As for
> porting to Windows we are going to be able to do that because KDE
> itself is being ported so I don't expect any issues with the KDE
> objects (mainly widgets).

I agree. The recommendation I got from most developers was to use the KDE
classes, particularly widgets due to styling issues, customization and so
on.

> > 2. What's the division of labour? I'm happy to take on conversion of the
> > database stuff, since I was responsible for most of it in the first
> place, and
> > I've already done some Qt3->4 database conversion in my private projects,
> also
> > the GnuCash importer if I can remember how it's supposed to work :-(
> There is the project's wiki page
> http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/KMyMoney there you can find out who
> is working on what and if you start working on something maybe you
> should add it there so that the others will know and avoid
> overlapping.

Also, log there any issues you find, so the others are aware of it.

I will prep a table which details the overall status of the modules, to get
a better appreciation of how we are doing and how much work is left to do. I
will need your input for that, so I will ping you back when I'm at it.