[Kmymoney-devel] appdate problem

Cristian Oneţ onet.cristian at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 14:56:05 CEST 2009

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 3:09 PM, tonyb<tonyb.lx at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> I'm really impressed with the progress you guys have been making. A couple of
> questions:
>
> 1. Where there are both Qt and KDE versions of a class (e.g. K/QMessageBox),
> is there a preference to use the KDE version, even if the Qt version provides
> the functionality we want? (My thinking is that when we port to Win, the Qt
> versions are likely to be in a more mature state and produce less in the way
> of problems).
AFAIK if we are a KDE application we should use the KDE versions
because many of the widgets provide KDE specific functionality. As for
porting to Windows we are going to be able to do that because KDE
itself is being ported so I don't expect any issues with the KDE
objects (mainly widgets).

> 2. What's the division of labour? I'm happy to take on conversion of the
> database stuff, since I was responsible for most of it in the first place, and
> I've already done some Qt3->4 database conversion in my private projects, also
> the GnuCash importer if I can remember how it's supposed to work :-(
There is the project's wiki page
http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/KMyMoney there you can find out who
is working on what and if you start working on something maybe you
should add it there so that the others will know and avoid
overlapping.