[Kmymoney-devel] appdate problem

tonyb tonyb.lx at ntlworld.com
Thu Aug 13 14:09:22 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 12 Aug 2009 22:52:04 Andreas Engel wrote:
> While i ran into your next problem regarding the appdata some weeks ago i
> did the following inside kdevelop4 to solve it:

On the advice of a couple of people on this list, I'm using Qt Creator for the
first time, and wasn't quite sure what it had or hadn't done for me. Actually,
it was as simple as having to do a 'make install'. I was getting the message
'Malformed URL', which I remember getting the very first time I tried to use
KMM, several years ago. I think the solution was the same too. But enough of
this nostalgia :-)

I'm really impressed with the progress you guys have been making. A couple of
questions:

1. Where there are both Qt and KDE versions of a class (e.g. K/QMessageBox),
is there a preference to use the KDE version, even if the Qt version provides
the functionality we want? (My thinking is that when we port to Win, the Qt
versions are likely to be in a more mature state and produce less in the way
of problems).

2. What's the division of labour? I'm happy to take on conversion of the
database stuff, since I was responsible for most of it in the first place, and
I've already done some Qt3->4 database conversion in my private projects, also
the GnuCash importer if I can remember how it's supposed to work :-(

--
Cheers,

TonyB