[Kmymoney-devel] Translation

Cristian Oneţ onet.cristian at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 15:58:34 CEST 2009

On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 4:28 PM, Alvaro Soliverez<asoliverez at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
> At the beginning of this port, I asked the translation team to hold on the
> translations for KMyMoney until we had a clear assessment whether the string
> would change much or not.
> Well, a few months have gone by and I think the changes we are making are
> mostly in other areas, and not modifying strings.
I agree. Although changing i18n, i18np and i18nc calls will affect the
po files did we finish porting these calls? Because I recall some
commits with translation fixes.

> So, if you agree, as soon as we are done with the updates to the
> documentation, I will upload those too, and send a message to the i18n teams
> to start work on the translation if they want. I know we will have low
> priority because we are in playground, but once we go through kdereview, it
> is too much work to do in one go.
The old translations are not lost so it will not be such a big task
for the translators, I think. As I saw the translators already started
working on the translations, for example I saw that the romanian team
did a cleanup of the translation, the ukranian team translated the
whole po even though they did not have a translation in the kde3
version so the translators are doing a pretty good job.

Regards
Cristian