Fwd: kdebase/kate/app

Roland Krause rokrau at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 23 16:35:37 CEST 2005

--- Jens Herden <jens at kdewebdev.org> wrote:

> > I also agree that overlap is extra, and should be ignore right now
> ;)
>
> I don't agree. I have some use cases where it is really helpful:
>
> - open a file in Quanta form the treeview. If you have a small
> screen, like my
> notebook, you need the whole space for the document.
>
> - navigation in the structure tree of Quanta
>
> - open documentation in KDevelop
>
> I think we should not that easily drop introduced features here.

I agree with Jens, essentially anything that is opened from a toolbar
on the right side of the "main document" can be done overlapping
because the text density off the overlapped side of the document is
less.
More importantly - this feature gives you the option - removing the
option kills the feature.
Jm2c
Roland