Fwd: kdebase/kate/app

Christoph Cullmann cullmann at babylon2k.de
Sat Apr 23 16:41:11 CEST 2005

On Saturday 23 April 2005 16:35, Roland Krause wrote:
> I agree with Jens, essentially anything that is opened from a toolbar
> on the right side of the "main document" can be done overlapping
> because the text density off the overlapped side of the document is
> less.
in that cases non-overlap would not harm, too, as nothing would be rewrapped
what would be bad, and we could add some auto-hide like in overlap, to
non-overlap, too

> More importantly - this feature gives you the option - removing the
> option kills the feature.
?

looking at the kdocksplitter code, the overlap mode isn't that nice to
implement at all, as this code is really borked in many places, and qsplitter
doesn't allow such stuff in any way

cu
Christoph

--
Christoph Cullmann
KDE Developer, kde.org Maintainance Team
http://www.babylon2k.de, cullmann at kde.org