Fwd: kdebase/kate/app

Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
Thu Apr 21 01:37:03 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 20 April 2005 05:34 pm, Alexander Dymo wrote:
> On Thursday 21 April 2005 01:04, Matt Rogers wrote:
> > there's too many. we need to figure out what we want to use and stick
> > with that.
>
> Actually, we need working prototypes now, the more is better.
> I spent three days on my stuff, looks like Christoph didn't spent his
> entire life either ;)

well, kdock* and kmdi is already a working prototype. yes, there are things
that could be done better, but isn't that always the case with prototypes? :)

> > I still think that KDockWidget and current KMDI and friends are
> > savable.
>
> My experience and also Christoph's experience shows that ui library is not
> that hard to implement properly. KDock* and KMDI was there for 5 years
> and they never worked as wanted. Therefore I always tend to question
> the ability to save them ;)

the problem is that they were left to bit-rot and not properly cared for. both
yours and cullmann's code will suffer from the same problem eventually as
well if they're not maintained.

Matt