Krita Test Day. Thoughts?

Raghavendra Kamath raghu at raghukamath.com
Fri Jan 8 04:15:44 GMT 2021

Hi Emmet,

On Friday, 8 January, 2021 9:31:40 AM IST Emmet O'Neill wrote:

> *Personally I have kind of mixed feelings! *

Thank you for this initiative and setting things up. As this was our first time
we can expect to have some hiccups. Regardless of that the session was quiet
fun. It was really great to meet and see everyone's faces once more.

> On the other hand, the BBB thing felt like a bit of a distraction away from
> the main goal;

I think this is true for me too.

> So, I'm curious what you all thought:
> *Is dedicating one day a month to testing Krita a worthwhile thing to try
> again in February?*

Yes definitely, I am in for this :)

> *Was using BBB a net positive or negative in relation to the goal of
> testing Krita?*

I think it was overwhelming because it was first time for many of us.

I believe we should use BBB in the background for the meet but keep painting .
If we encounter something while painting we can have a chat. We can have
breaks for say every half an hour to share what we find and take notes.

While doing this if someone wants to share there screen and keep painting we
can allow that too but they should expect that most participants will be
painting and not looking at screen.

>From an artist perspective, I think we won't be having unique insights because
we are used to painting with Krita 8hrs a day and some of the quirks in Krita
might have become normal for us. So it is very much interesting to see what
others find out when trying krita.

This was really refreshing exercise and I think the workflow will evolve when
we give it a try for two three months.

--
Raghukamath