Krita Test Day. Thoughts?

Emmet O'Neill emmetoneill.pdx at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 04:01:40 GMT 2021

Hi again.

First of all, it was nice to chat, hear and see many of you during today's
experiment. :)
How did you all feel about Thursday's Krita Test Day?

*Personally I have kind of mixed feelings! *

On one hand, getting everybody in one place, chatting and sharing screens
was fun in a sort of sprint-like way.
Inexperience with the BBB platform aside, it's not a bad way to meet up,
get to know each other, and talk about the program.

On the other hand, the BBB thing felt like a bit of a distraction away from
the main goal; *to spend some time with Krita, really just using it,
thinking about it, and making notes about workflow.*
It's both hard to tune out talking to focus on the task at hand, and hard
to deal with the dead air that comes from kind of aimlessly sitting in a
video conference.
On top of that, the fact that only one person can share their screen at a
time tends to shift things towards a presentation, with one person trying
to work under pressure and everybody else feeling compelled to watch.
It's also pretty tiring to stay in a BBB room for hours, so I'm just not
sure it's currently a good platform for what I hoped that we would do today.

Anyway, I still think that spending a little bit of time each month just
*using* Krita can be a valuable thing for us, I'm just not sure that the
BBB meetup is conducive to actually doing that.

So, I'm curious what you all thought:
*Is dedicating one day a month to testing Krita a worthwhile thing to try
again in February?*
*Was using BBB a net positive or negative in relation to the goal of
testing Krita?*

*PS: Eoin and I are going to be sharing our work from today on KA and
social media under the #KritaTestDay hashtag. Feel free to join in if you
want to!*
- Emmet