Make the guide pages for Reporting bugs and Suggestions translatable in documentation

Tyson Tan tysontan at tysontan.com
Tue Jun 23 15:41:23 BST 2020

Hi,

The translation doesn't have to be exact. I can rewrite the whole page
with local-specific information -- like finding a translator in the
local community and so on. As long as both version have the same amount
of paragraphs, which isn't hard to achieve. In fact, I've already
re-written many manual pages like this before.

I consider a localized version of the guides to be useful. They can stop
people from reporting directly (I was guilty of this too because I never
knew the articles exist). A properly translated guide will help the
local communities to understand what to prepare for a proper bug report,
and contact a translator if necessary.

So far the Chinese community have reported some meaningful bugs that is
unknown before -- like ANGLE for some reason was not used in Auto mode
under Windows, greatly slowing down Krita in many machines (to be fixed
in 4.3.1). It has been a deal breaker for new users for who knows how
long. Granted I was the one who translated all those reports for them,
and I will be the only quasi-fulltime SC translator for a long time to
come, but a localized guide gives the local reporters much more
confidence, and a sense of belonging that they can do something for
Krita.

I can of course put the translated versions on Krita.org's pages:
https://krita.org/zh/get-involved-zh/suggestions-zh/
https://krita.org/zh/get-involved-zh/report-a-bug-zh/
For now I've added some information on those pages telling them to:
1) Consult local Krita communities first;
2) If consider a new bug, move on to Krita Artist Forum;
3) Find a translator from the local community to help with the actual
report.

Please tell me your preferred approach. I can adapt to it.

Best,
Tyson Tan

---
tysontan.com