Clarification on the use of the terms 'Brightness' and 'Luminosity'

Valter Mura valtermura at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 20:31:00 BST 2020

Hi,

My name is Valter Mura and I work in the KDE Italian Localization Team and I'm translating
Krita in Italian.

I have a question concerning the use of two (similar) nouns in the program:

*Brightness* and *Luminosity*

Is there any specific reason to use one noun in one place instead of the other noun?

Can we consider them synonyms?

Are there very special cases for the use of "Brightness" in some parts and "Luminosity" in
others?

Thanks for the attention.

Please keep me in CC, I'm not subscribed to this list.

Best regards,
--
Valter
Open Source is better!