Clarification on the use of the terms 'Brightness' and 'Luminosity'

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Jun 4 09:23:45 BST 2020

Technically, luminosity refers to how much light a given body emits, while brightness refers to how much light a body reflects. In practice, which term is used in which context in English depends on custom, in particular on where Photoshop uses the terms. I don't know whether it's possible in Italian (especially since I don't have access to an Italian copy of Photoshop...) but it would be good to keep a consistent and distinct translation for both terms.

--
https://www.krita.org