Availability on devices

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Sep 6 09:23:05 BST 2018

Hi Miriam,

There are aready ways of running Linux applications on Chromebooks, but I've
never tested them: I've never even seen a Chromebook myself.
https://techcrunch.com/2018/05/08/you-can-now-run-linux-apps-on-chrome-os/
talks about that, but it mentions Wayland, which is something Krita doesn't
support either.

Right now, I'm not aware of anyone who is trying to port Krita to ChromeOS
directly. Myself, I'm not interested in working on that because I don't have
the hardware, wouldn't know how to get started -- and I'm way too busy
already.

There's only two people who work on Krita full-time, all the other work is
done by volunteers. So, things like porting Krita to ChromeOS (or Android or
iOS) really need a volunteer who has the hardware, wants to see this happen
and who likes to do the work...

Boudewijn