Availability on devices

Alvin Wong alvinhochun at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 09:41:56 BST 2018

Hi,

>From what I can find with a quick search, it seems that Project
Crostini brings official Linux support to Chrome OS and it appears to
be in the Dev channel and seems close to reaching the Beta channel. A
guide on Reddit [1] mentions that the default setup runs some sort of
Debian Stretch container, so it might probably run the Appimage or the
Debian package. A post [2] however does mention several issues that
will affect the usability of Krita if run under it, mainly the lack of
hardware-accelerated graphics (canvas will be slow and lacks some
functions) and peripheral access (can't use a pen digitizer).

[1]: https://www.reddit.com/r/Crostini/wiki/getstarted/crostini-setup-guide
[2]: https://www.reddit.com/r/Crostini/comments/8l9c2a/full_containervm_documentation_available/

Best Regards,
Alvin