Docs.krita.org has been switched to sphinx!

Emmet O'Neill emmetoneill.pdx at gmail.com
Mon May 28 07:36:45 UTC 2018

Hey there. I have to say, the new docs tech seems really great so far and I
love the look and layout.

Well, my English is not perfect, and there's still a ton of pages which
> have not
> been formally proofread, so I am worried about those pages too.

Don't sell yourself short! Your English seems really great. At any rate,
very few writers are "perfect" even in their native language, which is why
even the pros use editors. I'm certainly not a professional writer or
editor myself, but nevertheless I'd be happy to proofread anything that's
sent my way.

>From my limited experience with it, my main issue with the *old* docs
system (and, most likely, the main issue with the changes that I made :S)
was that it wasn't a great system for planning changes which could be first
submitted to an editor or reviewer for approval. There was a line somewhere
or another about making "bold" edits, and the system gives the average user
the ability to do so, but it really wasn't the *encouraged* way to
contribute in the end. I agree with boud that sending documentation
"patches" via Phabricator (or something similar) for review by the main
documentation editors (a.k.a.: the people with push privileges) would be a
good system. Senior editors like you would have push access for direct
control, but even if you did want someone else to proofread your stuff
before you push it, you could still submit it for peer review. Something
with that kind of structure and hierarchy might make it less frustrating
for reviewers and reviewees alike.

Anyway, great job on all this so far.
- Emmet