Krita 3.0.1 Release Process

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Aug 18 14:35:07 UTC 2016

On Thu, 18 Aug 2016, Wolthera wrote:

> The 3.0.1 release announcement and the docs are already done, that's
> something Scott and I take care of. (Release announcement needs a few
> images and maybe links, but we have two full weeks)
>
> The only thing that really hiccups is translations, because that is a
> separate group of people with a completely different system(like, they
> don't even use git).

If you're talking about website translations, I don't know, but releasing
the application translations is now completely automatic. I make a tarball,
it's got the latest translation sources in there, and make install builds all
translations as well and puts them in the right place. Since I use the
same scripts all other KDE libraries and applications use, I'm pretty
confident that it'll be compatible with the way translators work.

I should be doing release builds from the tarball anyway, instead of
directly from git. Running the script presupposes the existence of a tag,
so that part is _also_ guaranteed to happen.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.krita.org, http://www.valdyas.org