Krita 3.0.1 Release Process

Dmitry Kazakov dimula73 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 14:46:34 UTC 2016

On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 5:08 PM, Wolthera <griffinvalley at gmail.com> wrote:

> The 3.0.1 release announcement and the docs are already done, that's
> something Scott and I take care of. (Release announcement needs a few
> images and maybe links, but we have two full weeks)

That's the thing! Before you told me that right now, I had no idea they
have been done already! How should I find it out? Asking you or Scott every
day about that? :)

The only thing that really hiccups is translations, because that is a
> separate group of people with a completely different system(like, they
> don't even use git).
>
> If you want to set a formal deadline for  the announcements, talk to me
> and scott?

I want this deadline be written anywhere. There is no use discussing the
things that are not fixed anywhere. They will be easily forgotten (I'll
forget them, I know). And I need a list of the things *I* need to do before
the release, preferably with notifications, because, yes, I will forget
about some of these little things. I already should try not to forget to
remove the sanity check from the today's scheduler patch right before the
release (it should be tested by other people for a couple of weeks).

I'm ok with any solution that allows me:

1) To see what tasks *I* should do
2) To see how these tasks depend on other people.
3) Preferably, get notifications when I should do that task.

I can even agree on using Phabricator for that... The absence of the
deadlines can be somewhat workarounded with the number of columns, like
GDQuest did in his trello.

--
Dmitry Kazakov