[krita/video-export-rebased] libs/ui: Save to a temporary file, then copy the result over on success (fwd)

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Aug 17 11:12:04 UTC 2016

On Wed, 17 Aug 2016, Dmitry Kazakov wrote:

> I agree, then we should probably have some clever choice of the temporary
> file folder? Like "if the saving to /tmp failed due to the lack of space,
> try saving into the same directory as the destination file". That will
> solve the issue for people who have different partitions for /home and /.
> Or just make it configurable somehow...
>
> I know a lot of people who give quite small partitions to Windows (~50GiB)
> and use a separate partitions/drives for their working folders.

Well... It's tricky because we cannot know which partition/drive is on
the network. Some people even have their home or User partitions on a
network drive. But next to no installation will have the temp drive on
the network. What might work is to select the same location as is set
for the swap files.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.krita.org, http://www.valdyas.org