Rewriting Flow & formulashape for 3.0? (Re: Qt5 Port Status)

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Thu Apr 9 19:45:01 UTC 2015

Am Donnerstag, 9. April 2015, 11:20:37 schrieb Yue Liu:
> I agree we should port first then add new things, I'll drop ownership of
> formulashape for now and continue working on libmathview.

Ok, good we agree :) Will pick that shape tonight and see to make it build in
the frameworks branch (unless someone beats me to it).
At the same time looking forward the new version of the formula shape, from
what you said before it will be good improvement :)

> For Flow it's just a kopageapp wrapper and a docker plugin that works in
> all calligra apps, so the "re-write" actually means to move the plugin code
> from Flow folder to Karbon folder, then fix all paths in cmake files,
> #include lines, and identity strings in code. I can finish that before
> releasing 3.0.

Ok, if you are confident you can and will do it, then IMHO go for it :) Any
estimation when you might have it done?

We really should see to get 3.0 as quickly done as possible, so we are not
being caught between Qt4 and Qt5 too long. I heard some people talk about a
2.10 even, let's just see to avoid the need for that and be ready for feature
development on 3.x ASAP :)

Cheers
Friedrich