Binding presets to shortcuts

Timothée Giet animtim at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 09:03:17 UTC 2014

Le 19/10/2014 01:53, Sven Langkamp a écrit :
> Hi,
>

> recently we have gotten the request to be able to bind preset to
> shortcuts like here:
> https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=139&t=123325&p=321980#p321970
>
> For the feature the user should be able to save a preset into some
> place and access it later with a shortcut. From the request above it
> should also be possible to store temporary setting so the state of the
> brush even without an existing preset.
> I'm not wondering how that could be solved efficiently and see what
> your comments.

I think such need will be well covered with the persistent-preset-change
from mohit.

> I think there should be a number of slots where you can save a preset
> to bind it to a certain preset. I wonder if we need to make it
> possible to access a huge amount of presets or if we just need a few.
> For example you could have five slots and one preset in each, which
> would limit the number of addressable presets to five. Alternatively
> each slot could contain a list of preset and with each press of the
> shortcut (before a certain timeout) you would get to the next in the
> list. That would allow to have more preset to be accessible via
> shortcuts but make reaching a single one a bit slower.

I think the most logical way to do it in Krita would be to add empty
shortcuts for each favorite preset slot. That way, one can switch fastly
between each preset kind, and can select different preset for each kind
using the popup-palette to access lists. And starting with empty
shortcuts, people can use the keys the want depending on keyboard type
and layout.

Really with both of these features I believe we'll have more than enough
convenient and advanced ways to deal with presets for now.

Timothée