Future of the animation feature

Dmitry Kazakov dimula73 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 18:58:49 UTC 2014

Well, I'm not really happy with this solution, because we'd need to have an
> animation layer for every kind of layer, except for the group layer. (A
> file layer needs to switch to a different file along the timeline as well
> as a paint layer, a filter layer needs a different config along the
> timeline). I think it would also complicate the bookkeeping of what is
> shown in which cell/frame.

We can define requirements in the following way:

1) Only Paint Layer can be animated.
2) Other types of layers will be static.

That would cover most of the usecases. Though, yes, it is disputable.

If we want to switch paint devices for every type of layer, we can just you
the "strategies" approach I was talking before. The one that is used for
wraparound mode.

--
Dmitry Kazakov