R: Tabbed documents

silvio grosso grossosilvio at yahoo.it
Fri Apr 12 21:02:47 UTC 2013

Hi Simon,

For sure the "Tabbed documents" feature would be super useful :-)
Needless to say, It has been already requested in the past as well.

Unfortunately, it looks like this feature might require a *lot* of efforts in order to implement it (please, developers correct me if I am wrong...).

P.s: about this same feature in Gimp 2.8, I agree it is indeed well implemented.
If I recall correctly, It has been implemented mostly by Martin Nordholts (under the direction of Peter Sikking).
Actually, a very *similar* implementation (with the image preview, its orizontal-vertical shape) was available with GetPaint [1] long before the Gimp developers adopted it for their software :-)

Best regards,

Silvio

[1] http://www.getpaint.net/screenshots/pdn35_kirkland.jpg