please test master ( -> performance topic)

David Revoy davidrevoy at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 07:16:32 UTC 2012

On 08/31/2012 09:40 AM, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> Sven is working on masks, Arjen is working on a new opengl canvas that
> should be much faster and much more flexible than the old canvas
> implementations.
Good news ! and Good luck working on it Sven and Arjen.
Many thanks Boud for the answer on this topic too.

> The target hardware there is 32 bit win8 tablets and 64 bit win8
> ultrabooks, mostly dual-core with 2-4 gb of memory.
Ok, I see this platforms and hardware will probably need optimizations
to paint smoothly on without make screaming or overheating the cores.
That's a good news for all low-performance users on Linux who will
probably benefit about those optimizations.

> Well, that's not the case :-). Many people find hacking on the core
> and finding speed improvements way more fun than fiddling with the gui
> or tools like the transform tool :-)
:-D

> We still have money in the tea kitty to allow Dmitry to work on Krita
> for some time instead of taking a student job, but it would be good to
> start thinking of another fund raiser. I'm also working (really, I've
> been asking notaries about prices) on the Krita Foundation idea.
The Krita Foundation is a very good idea. Hiring Dmitry too.

> It's a good test. Maybe we should have a video or something comparing
> various applications using that test :-)
I started it ( not screenrecorded , but camera recorded  ) then I
stopped after thinking about the shame position it would makes FLOSS
softwares. Seriously , that would be *not* a good advertising video and
would appear as if I bash FLOSS digital painting softwares.  XD

Thanks again for the detailed answer on this topic.

-David