Krita portable.

Simon Legrand legrand.simon at gmail.com
Tue May 1 20:56:16 UTC 2012

Boudewijn, yes a tar.gz would be just fine if it runs out of the box
with minimal extra libs to install. That would be quite amazing
actually.

Thank you to all of you for taking this so seriously. Who knows, soon
I might be able to do an interview in Linux mag or the likes signing
your praises. :)

I'm working on a short film outside of work right now, so I have very
little time for my beloved 'nerd out' time. So if I do not reply
quickly please don't take it the wrong way. I will be monitoring this
and attempting to compile Krita for centos 5 on my own as well. Of
course I will let you know if I have any success. But it's more likely
I'll be screaming for help instead. :P

Also I think there would be business in commercially providing,
supporting and developing Krita for studios. A support subscription
might be something that can bring paid development into the project.
Well worth a look. This is a bit OT though so I'll leave it there.

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 7:15 PM, Boudewijn Rempt <boud at valdyas.org> wrote:
> On Tuesday 01 May 2012 May, Dotan Cohen wrote:
>> On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 20:14, Sven Langkamp <sven.langkamp at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Using the old version simply doesn't work. Krita needs at least Qt 4.6,
>> > that's not a random choice.
>> >

>> I understand that, we are discussing it now. I am trying to convince
>> them to bring the discussion over here, but perhaps all interested
>> parties should head over there.
>>
>> Here is a build of Qt 4.7, the same guy has 4.6:
>> http://joseph.freivald.com/linux/2011/09/23/qt-4-7-4-and-qt-creator-2-3-0-for-centosrhel-5/
>>
>> I cannot vouch for them, I just found this searching Google and have
>> never used it.
>>

> I will check the discussion (probably not tomorrow though, have to visit a customer), but Thursday and join the list. After having compiled my own Qt, the next issue I ran into was that shared-mime-info in CentOS 5 is too old :-).
>
> I need to dig in our history to see why we had to drop earlier versions of Qt. I seem to remember it was about tablet support and maybe some other bug fixes. Until 4.4, Qt was basically broken, and with 4.8 it's entered brokenness again. But as I said, for specific reasons I have to dig, it's a long time ago!
>
> --
> Boudewijn Rempt
> http://www.valdyas.org, http://www.krita.org, http://www.boudewijnrempt.nl

Simon Legrand