Krita portable.

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed May 2 06:13:47 UTC 2012

On Tuesday 01 May 2012 May, Simon Legrand wrote:
> Boudewijn, yes a tar.gz would be just fine if it runs out of the box
> with minimal extra libs to install. That would be quite amazing
> actually.

I'm beginning to believe it would be :-). I've started on the task, but not just the Qt is outdated, even the shared mime-info is outdated. There's a discussion on the centos list about the topic as well: http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/661858-maintainer-krita-centos.html.

I'll play some more with my centos install this weekend. There's a fair chance the tarball will be rather humungous :-).

> Thank you to all of you for taking this so seriously. Who knows, soon
> I might be able to do an interview in Linux mag or the likes signing
> your praises. :)

That would be great!

> I'm working on a short film outside of work right now, so I have very
> little time for my beloved 'nerd out' time. So if I do not reply
> quickly please don't take it the wrong way.

No, no problem!

> I will be monitoring this
> and attempting to compile Krita for centos 5 on my own as well. Of
> course I will let you know if I have any success. But it's more likely
> I'll be screaming for help instead. :P
>
> Also I think there would be business in commercially providing,
> supporting and developing Krita for studios. A support subscription
> might be something that can bring paid development into the project.
> Well worth a look. This is a bit OT though so I'll leave it there.

I really hope there is -- I might be pinging you privately later on, after I've got something that runs for a few pointers and contacts...