Krita portable.

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue May 1 18:15:45 UTC 2012

On Tuesday 01 May 2012 May, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 20:14, Sven Langkamp <sven.langkamp at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Using the old version simply doesn't work. Krita needs at least Qt 4.6,
> > that's not a random choice.
> >

> I understand that, we are discussing it now. I am trying to convince
> them to bring the discussion over here, but perhaps all interested
> parties should head over there.
>
> Here is a build of Qt 4.7, the same guy has 4.6:
> http://joseph.freivald.com/linux/2011/09/23/qt-4-7-4-and-qt-creator-2-3-0-for-centosrhel-5/
>
> I cannot vouch for them, I just found this searching Google and have
> never used it.

I will check the discussion (probably not tomorrow though, have to visit a customer), but Thursday and join the list. After having compiled my own Qt, the next issue I ran into was that shared-mime-info in CentOS 5 is too old :-).

I need to dig in our history to see why we had to drop earlier versions of Qt. I seem to remember it was about tablet support and maybe some other bug fixes. Until 4.4, Qt was basically broken, and with 4.8 it's entered brokenness again. But as I said, for specific reasons I have to dig, it's a long time ago!