Krita for KDE 3.5 clone.

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Jun 18 14:06:50 UTC 2012

On Mon, 18 Jun 2012, john Culleton wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 12:14:02 -0400
> JL VT <pentalis at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 6:31 PM, john Culleton
>

>> If you have some time and patience to test, try to compile the latest
>> Krita and see how you like it. 2.5 is around the corner and every
>> version packs new bugfixes and features to try.
>> (Depending on your distro, this script may help
>> http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=139&t=92880  )
>
> I would be happy to download and test 2.5. all I need is the svn
> address, or a tarball of the source. I run Slackware 13.37. Where
> can I find a tarball or alternatively the addy of the svn where
> Krita is stored? The script listed above does not have a Slackware
> option.
>
> I assume that Krita can be made using either
> ./configure->make->make install or some variant of cmake.
> Clarification on this point would be useful.

CMake. The repository is here:
https://projects.kde.org/projects/calligra/repository. There are detailed
build instructions at
http://community.kde.org/Calligra/Building/Building_Calligra. Please do be
sure to follow those quite closely, especially the setup of source, build
and install directories -- accidentally installing a calligra build /usr
can lead to all kinds of unfun problems.

Boudewijn