Krita demo at Digital Domain London was a success.

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Aug 28 10:22:58 UTC 2012

On Tuesday 28 August 2012 Aug, Simon Legrand wrote:

> > This also contains all-new code to handle floating point images, which
> > should be quite a bit faster and more full-features than the code that's
> > currently used in the centos packages.
>
> Now THAT is very interesting. Performance performance performance! :) Where
> can I find this branch again?

It's in git master, if you have compiled krita at home relatively recently, you will have it. However, it would be best in this case to also compile and install the lcms2.4 release candidate, since that adds extra features (16 bit float).

> Yes. But it's happening on my home machine on a single monitor setup too.
> Kubuntu Precise, Krita 2.6 Pre-Alpha

Hrm... Maybe pentalis has an idea. I need to test more.

> Yes that's exactly it. My home one is on Kubuntu and compiled from source.
> Our work one is still working within the secondary kde4 environment you
> setup for us. Which is awesome but may be the reason for slightly slower
> performance. Fair enough. :)

I'll try to make a new installer, but I wanted to iron out some nasty bugs in the lut docker first, and I haven't had time for that yet :-(

> That would be really great. Making it easy to manage larger numbers opened
> documents would be very handy. The way to achieve that can be one of
> several ways and I personally would be happy with anything.

Right. That's also what I meant in the priority mail, btw :-)