Krita demo at Digital Domain London was a success.

Simon Legrand legrand.simon at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 11:02:02 UTC 2012

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 11:22 AM, Boudewijn Rempt <boud at valdyas.org> wrote:

> On Tuesday 28 August 2012 Aug, Simon Legrand wrote:
>
> > > This also contains all-new code to handle floating point images, which
> > > should be quite a bit faster and more full-features than the code
> that's
> > > currently used in the centos packages.
> >
> > Now THAT is very interesting. Performance performance performance! :)
> Where
> > can I find this branch again?
> >

> It's in git master, if you have compiled krita at home relatively
> recently, you will have it. However, it would be best in this case to also
> compile and install the lcms2.4 release candidate, since that adds extra
> features (16 bit float).

Roger that! I shall recompile tonight!

> > Yes. But it's happening on my home machine on a single monitor setup too.
> > Kubuntu Precise, Krita 2.6 Pre-Alpha
>
> Hrm... Maybe pentalis has an idea. I need to test more.
>

> > Yes that's exactly it. My home one is on Kubuntu and compiled from
> source.
> > Our work one is still working within the secondary kde4 environment you
> > setup for us. Which is awesome but may be the reason for slightly slower
> > performance. Fair enough. :)
>
> I'll try to make a new installer, but I wanted to iron out some nasty bugs
> in the lut docker first, and I haven't had time for that yet :-(

We've fully migrated to centos6.2 now and most of the industry will have to
follow because autodesk has stopped offering support for centos5. So a lot
of the KDE4 libs are there. I'm not sure if they're the latest and greatest
though. It would be nicer to have a centos/red hat maintainer for the repo.
I really wish I had the knowledge to do it. Maybe I'll start studying up on
it. :)

> > That would be really great. Making it easy to manage larger numbers
> opened
> > documents would be very handy. The way to achieve that can be one of
> > several ways and I personally would be happy with anything.
>
> Right. That's also what I meant in the priority mail, btw :-)

Ah ok! Got it. :)

> --
> Boudewijn Rempt
> http://www.valdyas.org, http://www.krita.org, http://www.boudewijnrempt.nl