Unable to select-open many images in one step

silvio grosso grossosilvio at yahoo.it
Wed Nov 2 22:36:13 UTC 2011

Hi  everyone,

I have realized there is a feature in Krita which might be a bit annoying for some new users :-)

In short, on Ubuntu 11.10 - Unity Shell:
- I fire up Krita 2.4 (b3);
- I press ctr+o (a window pops up "to open the document");
-  it is NOT possible to select more than one  image (e.g. 3-4);
Only one image is selected even though I would like to open many of them in one step.

To sum up, with Krita 2.4 (b3) I am forced to press many times (ctr+o).
This for every image I want to open: which is time-consuming :-)

On the contrary, with Gimp 2.7.4 I can select and open as many images as I want.
I select them (e.g. 4-5 images: Ctr or Shift to improve this choice) and I press Ok.

P.s: I have found out that the other Calligra applications have the same "problem".
For instance, Words can select and open "only" a document.
On the contrary, LibreOffice Writer can open as many images as I want in one step.

IMHO, this is a bit cumbersome because it slows down your workflow :-)

Best regards,

Silvio