[calligra] krita: save mirror, erase, composite op and mirror settings to presets

David REVOY davidrevoy at gmail.com
Sun May 29 00:22:15 CEST 2011

> First, you are saving the global opacity (that should not be saved at
> all) leading to the behavior that when i load a preset the opacity
> slider is set to 100%.
> (if i set it to 50% it should stay at 50% not caring what preset is
> loaded). The same applies for the blending mode.
Hi Silvio,

I disagree here with you. This actual behavior speedup a lot my workflow
here and usage with Krita.
http://david.revoy.free.fr/forums/krita/2011-05-28_krita-preset_deevad.zip
I did this brushkit (link above) with taking advantage of it ; check the
HSY color airbrush, and dodge explosion brush ; the result is I can
build my preset and be sure about the result I will got after select
them to paint.

But I also understand your point of view even if I don't use it this
way. Anticipating multiple usage are the way of a good software ; and I
don't want to impose a way to do.
So, I would suggest to add a icon acting as a checkbox in the top tool
bar to 'lock' the opacity and blending mode. (
http://www.new-hampshire-locksmith.com/lock_icon2.gif ) . If user 'lock'
the preset won't load global opacity and keep the active blending mode.
A design like this can make happy all the way to use it , imo. Say me
what you think about it.
Best regards,

-David