[calligra] krita: save mirror, erase, composite op and mirror settings to presets

Silvio Heinrich plassy at web.de
Sat May 28 22:33:39 CEST 2011

On 05/28/2011 09:41 AM, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Saturday 28 May 2011 May, Sven Langkamp wrote:
>> Git commit 254395339794a7d50c6c04bcf313f33a1b41cf9d by Sven Langkamp.
>> Committed on 28/05/2011 at 09:15.
>> Pushed by langkamp into branch 'master'.
>>
>> save mirror, erase, composite op and mirror settings to presets
>> BUG:273875
> Cool! That is Gripe No. 1 fixed!

I'm sorry :( but please consider to revert this commit until we find a
better solution.
The functionality is really great but from a users point of view (or
better user interface interaction) this is horrible.
First, you are saving the global opacity (that should not be saved at
all) leading to the behavior that when i load a preset the opacity
slider is set to 100%.
(if i set it to 50% it should stay at 50% not caring what preset is
loaded). The same applies for the blending mode.
And we are already able to save an opacity limit for the presets (so now
we save the opacity limit 2 times).
We had a clear separation between options that are saved to the preset
and options that are not saved to the preset.
Every options that can be saved to a preset belongs into the preset editor.
The options in the toolbar are not in the preset editor, so they should
not be saved.
If you want to save additional stuff to a preset (like the blending mode
for example), you should create an option for it in the preset editor.
So please rethink this, because it's really confusing :) (from my point
of view)

thx