[calligra/krita-fixsmudgebrush-silvioheinrich] krita/plugins/paintops: Added mode to use the projected image ( all visible layers merged) as source layer for smudging.

Silvio Heinrich plassy at web.de
Sat Mar 19 14:11:12 CET 2011

Thanks to the two of you for testing :)

On 03/18/2011 10:52 PM, David REVOY wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I did a speedpainting with the new smudge brush to test ( a fan-art of
> Ryu ) ; very good tool and good feeling with ; a bit creamy/oily as I
> like
> http://twitpic.com/4asg6i
> Congratz for the developement, I will use it.
>
> Btw, I agree with the review of Animtim.
>
> -David

Thats cool :D
Did you use the "Brush" preset for the painting? This is really a
picture what I imagined for it
Btw: Ryu... is this the Streetfigher guy? Never mind if he isn't :P I'm
only usable for video game related stuff :D

> On 03/18/2011 04:00 PM, Timothée Giet wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Here is my review for the new smudge brush compared to the old one.
>>
>> Good points:
>> -The Color option (NICE!!!)
>> -the overlay mode (GREAT!)
>> -doesn't need copy mode
>> -doesn't have size/pressure artefacts bug
>>
>> Bad points:
>> -Doesn't work in mirror mode
>> -no "opacity" setting like in old smudge.
>>
>> Performance is not too bad, comparable to the one of the old smudge,
>> that is slower than paint brush
>> So it would be great if you could find some way to optimize it,
>> anyway it's already more than usable
>> (in my test, 50pix brush is fine, 100pix is laggy, 200pix is very
>> laggy/unusable )

Hmm... the opacity setting in the old smudge brush is not used (has no
effect) as far as I know... I mean I looked at the code
and couldn't see any connection. It's why I removed it. The rate option
does everything.
Maybe it has some placebo effect to you :P

But I will try to make it faster, sure.
And the mirroring feature would be cool yes... but i think it's a bit
hard to implement and the performance would drop a huge amount I guess.
Need to think about this a bit.