Branch krita-ui_improvements-silvioheinrich

Lukast dev lukast.dev at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 17:14:58 CEST 2011

> I'm not against the idea to remove the opacity checkbox, but it may have
> less consistency with the other option, unless you do the same for the other
> brush option lines
> (and I think this could work for most of them, the "use curve" replacing it
> in some way… only the Color option lines maybe still needs to be activated
> or not, so need checkbox).

> By the way looks like the "Mirror" option in the brush settings doesn't work
> (I can activate it, activate horizontal and/or vertical in it, but it
> doesn't affect the top toolbar shorcuts and so doesn't activate the
> mirroring).

Be careful, mirror option in brush editor is there for possible
compatibility with Photoshop presets and it's role is to mirror the
brush mask, not the stroke as the mirror option in the toolbar.

My opinion about the opacity slider in toolbar and blending modes
saving in presets
is that I would create new brush editor option with check boxes like
[x] Include global opacity in preset
[x] Include global composite mode
[x] Include mirroring

I would not conntect opacity option with global opacity.
Opacity in the toolbar is shared also for tools
that does not use the presets like Gradient tool etc.
It is tool attribute, not tool-that-uses-presets-attribute .

My 2 cents here ;)