Branch krita-ui_improvements-silvioheinrich

Sven Langkamp sven.langkamp at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 05:09:01 CEST 2011

On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 2:26 AM, Silvio Heinrich <plassy at web.de> wrote:

> I replaced the blending modes ComboBox with a new one. It's not
> completely finished yes
> but now you can collapse and expand the categories.
> I also created a new options for the preset editor to select a blending
> mode.
> This option is only available for the pixel brush and the color smudge
> brush right now
> but I will add it to the other PaintOps later.
> And the opacity slider and the blending mode ComboBox in the toolbar are
> now
> Shortcuts to the settings in the preset editor.
> That means when changing the opaity slider in the toolbar, the slider in
> the preset editor will update too
> and vice versa.
> I also fixed... or better reimplemented the tool ID stuff.
> You know... the Intuos pens all have a unique tool ID that can be used
> to associate a
> preset to a pen.
> When you use an other pen, the preset should switch.
> This should work now (with the eraser too... the eraser is now seen as
> having an own ID).
>
> This needs a bit of testing so I can be sure that I didn't break
> anything serious :P
> David and Timothee: It would be nice if you guys could have a look if
> you have some time :D
> You need to merge the branch krita-ui_improvements-silvioheinrich yourself.
> I don't know how much you know about git... but you simply need to type
> git merge origin/krita-ui_improvements-silvioheinrich
>
> if you want it in a separate branch to not mess up your master branch do:
> git checkout master
> git checkout -b NameOfYourNewBranch
> git merge origin/krita-ui_improvements-silvioheinrich

you can just do: git checkout krita-ui_improvements-silvioheinrich

> and then compile :)
>
> For the developers:
> It would be nice if you could stay away from the ui/kis_paintop_box.*
> files until I merged the branch
> to master because I've rewritten 1/2 - 3/4 of the whole code and
> resolving a conflict with code
> based on the old kis_paintop_box files wouldn't be this much fun :P
>
> And The last thing I would like to ask for:
> The tool ID stuff should work but right now I cannot test it properly
> because Qt seems
> to not sent the unique id of the input devices (QTabletEvent::uniqueid()
> is always 0).
> I really believe that this was working in previous Qt versions (have 4.6
> right now).
> I would like to know if this is really broken in mainline Qt. Maybe it's
> again just broken in
> the Qt version shipped by kubuntu. I mean you have better connections to
> the Qt guys...
> maybe someone could ask :)
> Maybe it's already fixed in 4.7...

Nice work. I noticed a few things:

-the old listview had a fix to have equal height for all the paintop
options, that should be included again

-the collapse arrows should follow the KDE standard. So when collapsed it
should point right and down when expanded.

-the presets don't stay selected after selecting them (not sure if that is
related to the branch)

-opacity slider should go for 0 to 100