Branch krita-ui_improvements-silvioheinrich

Silvio Heinrich plassy at web.de
Sat Jun 4 15:34:25 CEST 2011

On 06/04/2011 05:09 AM, Sven Langkamp wrote:

> Nice work. I noticed a few things:
>
> -the old listview had a fix to have equal height for all the paintop
> options, that should be included again
They all should have an equal height, no?
Or do you mean that the headers should have the same height as the options?
I can do this.

> -the collapse arrows should follow the KDE standard. So when collapsed
> it should point right and down when expanded.
Ok, can do this, too :D

> -the presets don't stay selected after selecting them (not sure if
> that is related to the branch)
Hmm... I don't know too.
The selection is normally handled in the preset chooser widget, am I right?
Do you have a guess what could cause the deselection?

> -opacity slider should go for 0 to 100
All opacity sliders should be replaced with a KisDoubleSpinBox and the
precision should be raised to at leased 3 digits after the comma.
The reason is to have more fine control of the opacity.
We internally setting the opacity with an unsigned 8bit integer that has
a value range from 0 - 255.
And we have those opacity sliders that will clamp the range to 0 - 100.
We are loosing more then half of the precision for controlling the
opacity here.
This is why I replaced most of the sliders with double value versions.
And I will raise the precision in the next few days :)