Krita 2.4 on Windows: pros and cons

David REVOY davidrevoy at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 15:26:44 CEST 2011

> But then it does not mean we should not release the installer. We
> can mark the release as "beta" (GMail users ;) ) "unstable" or other
> marketing trick :)

+1 : A software never have twice opportunity to make a positive first
Impression to a large crowd
As Windows users are mostly leecher when it's about 'free stuff' and
'FLOSS' ; taging the Windows release as :
" For Beta tester volunteers only : a first unstable beta version of
Krita forWindows is out. Not suited for production ...etc.... "
... will make critissism and first article less violent :-P and surely
will create exitement waiting stable.

Think about "Blender 2.5" marketing strategy during it's loooong period
of unstability ...