Krita 2.4 on Windows: pros and cons

JL VT pentalis at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 17:05:43 CEST 2011

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 9:26 AM, David REVOY <davidrevoy at gmail.com> wrote:

> > But then it does not mean we should not release the installer. We
> > can mark the release as "beta" (GMail users ;) ) "unstable" or other
> > marketing trick :)
> >
> +1 : A software never have twice opportunity to make a positive first
> Impression to a large crowd
> As Windows users are mostly leecher when it's about 'free stuff' and
> 'FLOSS' ; taging the Windows release as :
> " For Beta tester volunteers only : a first unstable beta version of
> Krita forWindows is out. Not suited for production ...etc.... "

I like how this way to present the software shifts the burden toward the
users of the release instead of the developers. By saying the release is
"for Beta testers only" if someone tests the application and feels it is
crap, he won't feel entitled to make a blog post bashing the application
without first making a bunch of bug reports and waiting for answers first.
 More than someone will tweet and blog that the application is bad anyway,
but peer reaction may point more toward defending the application's "beta
for testers" status instead of bashing it for not being ready for
production.

Good trick!.

... will make critissism and first article less violent :-P and surely