Krita 2.4 on Windows: pros and cons

Lukast dev lukast.dev at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 12:31:06 CEST 2011

2011/7/19 Ramón Miranda <mirandagraphic at gmail.com>:
> Interesting Question Silvio. i am not going to detailt my thoughts too much.
> I honestly think Krita is not ready for Windows for now at least on unstable
> release . It has a lot of bugs (like others apps ) and windows users tends
> to be not to much pattient with software. I know by my experience with Gimp
> on the company that i was working. if Krita crash in my house (nothing
> happens, well i scream thats all) but if Krita Goes windows, for sure will
> crash too and a windows user accept 1 or 2 crashes. Then "this app is a
> shit" thats it, so rude. maybe they don ´t really care the effort we put in
> Krita, or if they are using the STABLE or UNSTABLE release.. Linux users are
> less but more pattience and they usually report bugs. it is another
> philosophy. so i agree with Cyrille "social problem" the way people learn
> computers things.
> But i have to be honest, and that makes me think too, I learn Open source by
> windows apps. i began with Gimp., then Mypaint, and finally enter to Krita
> when i installed Ubuntu. so the chain would be broken if there is no WIndows
> Gimp release or mypaint. So how many users ,would be lost with no Windows
> release ? i dont know.

I agree with Ramon, yep, Krita is not ready for Windows.
We don't have Windows developers, so if Windows users start to report
Windows specific bugs, we will fix them probably very slowly.

But then it does not mean we should not release the installer. We
can mark the release as "beta" (GMail users ;) ) "unstable" or other
marketing trick :)

Lukas