Report of Meeting: plans 2011

Silvio Grosso grossosilvio at yahoo.it
Mon Jan 3 21:04:25 CET 2011

Hi Sven,

Sven Langkamp wrote:
> I think improving the crop tool should be very easy to do.
We just need to agree on how it should work.

And this is the *real* problem :-)

Krita's crop tool works pretty well now and before "improving" it, in my
view, we should consult a software designer (e.g. Peter Sikking).
Needless to say, now, probably, there are much more important priorities :-)
On top of that, when you "improve" massively something that overall works it
is easy to add new bugs...

This is why I have thought that, provided Dmitry is available and he has
time to work on it, it would be more useful to have him working on a
brand-new UML Diagram.
It might be very useful for attracting new developers ;-)
For Dmitry, in my view, it would be "easier" to work on the UML than
"designing" a brand-new crop tool (in the end, he is not a software
designer).

The UML Diagram is more time-consuming than what I had in mind for the crop
tool :-)
Reading the Google code-in web-page [1] it looks like one-two weeks are
needed to get the job done.

To sum up, it is really up to you developers to decide which is the best way
to go :-)

As explained, I am not in a hurry (far from it)!
Most of all, I am aware the time every person (e.g. Dmitry) has for working
on Krita is not boundless :-)

Best regards,

Silvio

[1] http://community.kde.org/GoogleCodeIn/2010/Ideas#Krita_UML_diagram