Report of Meeting: plans 2011

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Jan 4 16:32:11 CET 2011

On Monday 03 January 2011, silvio grosso wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Regarding my sponsorships related to this year I would like elaborate a bit my
> goals.
>
> 1.
> As regards Dmitry, I am going to sponsor him  for fixing bugs (or adding little
> features).
> I am NOT in a hurry: I have already explained him that ;-)
> As a consequence, Dmitry can accept my sponsorship whenever he wants.
> For instance, at the end of this summer when he is perhaps likely to have more
> time :-)

I would also like Dmitry to put in time into implementing

http://community.kde.org/Krita/Centralized_Queue_For_Tool_Jobs

I'll ping dmitry about his university schedule.

> Regarding the sponsorship for improving the crop tool on Krita it is really up
> to you developers to decide whether or not it is worth working on it.
> As for me, I think it might be maybe useful to improve the way, as in Gimp
> or Darktable, to drag the borders of the image you want to crop (having a
> rectangle as "handle").
> In short, having ALL borders draggable instead of only the little squares.

I really like that idea. I also think that we should implement selection resizing more like that.

> But it is really a whim of mine: actually, there is NO real need to work on it!
> E.g. a brand-new UML diagram would be cool as well (even though, I suppose it
> might  be much more "time-consuming" to finish it).
> It is really up to YOU to decide ;-)

I'm not sure about the value of a UML diagram. While Krita is now really quite mature, I am sure we'll have to do lots of refactoring, and that makes the UML diagram misleading.

> Right now, my Kubuntu Linux distribution doesn't work anymore and I can't test
> Krita 2.3.

:-(

> As soon as possible, when I have some time left,  I am going to install a  new
> Kubuntu virtual machine with Vbox.
> Both on home at work I am stuck on Microsoft Windows...
> No hope for me to switch to Linux completely in the near future...

On the plus side, I really hope to be able to come out with good news about calligra-on-windows this year.

> 2.
> As for Lukas, I would like to sponsor him another round of bug fixing (NO new
> feature is required).
> Lukas as well doesn't know yet when he might start working on this new stretch
> of  bug-fixing.
> I am NOT in a hurry either and thus all depends on him ;-)

Ok.

> 3.
> As regards Pentalis, I would like to having him working on a new mixing
> brush engine.
> In the past, I have read he wished to work on it.
> As for me, I am confident he is the right guy to finish this task ;-)

I think that's very cool, and I'm confident as well. I'd like the mixing brush in for 2.4, though. I'll ping Pentalis about his schedule as well.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org, http://www.krita.org