Report of Meeting: plans 2011

silvio grosso grossosilvio at yahoo.it
Mon Jan 3 18:39:04 CET 2011

Hi everyone,

Regarding my sponsorships related to this year I would like elaborate a bit my
goals.

1.
As regards Dmitry, I am going to sponsor him  for fixing bugs (or adding little
features).
I am NOT in a hurry: I have already explained him that ;-)
As a consequence, Dmitry can accept my sponsorship whenever he wants.
For instance, at the end of this summer when he is perhaps likely to have more
time :-)

Regarding the sponsorship for improving the crop tool on Krita it is really up
to you developers to decide whether or not it is worth working on it.
As for me, I think it might be maybe useful to improve the way, as in Gimp
or Darktable, to drag the borders of the image you want to crop (having a
rectangle as "handle").
In short, having ALL borders draggable instead of only the little squares.
But it is really a whim of mine: actually, there is NO real need to work on it!
E.g. a brand-new UML diagram would be cool as well (even though, I suppose it
might  be much more "time-consuming" to finish it).
It is really up to YOU to decide ;-)

Right now, my Kubuntu Linux distribution doesn't work anymore and I can't test
Krita 2.3.
As soon as possible, when I have some time left,  I am going to install a  new
Kubuntu virtual machine with Vbox.
Both on home at work I am stuck on Microsoft Windows...
No hope for me to switch to Linux completely in the near future...

2.
As for Lukas, I would like to sponsor him another round of bug fixing (NO new
feature is required).
Lukas as well doesn't know yet when he might start working on this new stretch
of

bug-fixing.
I am NOT in a hurry either and thus all depends on him ;-)

3.
As regards Pentalis, I would like to having him working on a new mixing
brush engine.
In the past, I have read he wished to work on it.
As for me, I am confident he is the right guy to finish this task ;-)
Needless to say, also for Pentalis there is really NO rush!

Best regards,

Silvio