State of the release

LukasT.dev@gmail.com lukast.dev at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 17:54:26 CEST 2010

On Friday 24 September 2010 15:50:12 Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Friday 24 September 2010, LukasT.dev at gmail.com wrote:
> > > Really Big Issues
> >
> > Let me also add bug issue regarding brush engines preset.
> > Enkithan suggested a long ago that we should mark brush engines
> > that are experimental (e.g. brush preset format is changing radically
> > between versions)
> > as experimental and stable as stable (e.g. development of the Pixel brush
> > is quite conservative, so that one might be marked as stable)
> >
> > We are in a string freeze. How do we want to solve this problem?
>
> I think a short reprieve of the string freeze and changing the name to
> curve (experimental) is okay if you do it today.

I did not manage to do that on Friday. What about adding one more string
called "Experimental" in the Combo box as category and sort the brush engines
first according the group (stale before experimental) then according the name?

I can schedule this on Tuesday. Maybe ask translators if they allow this?
It is huge problem if we don't do this and changing string for every brush
engine seems quite more problematic (and long names does not look good
in the combo box then)

Opinions?