New mixbrush alpha/beta version

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Mar 29 10:38:36 CEST 2010

On Monday 29 March 2010, JL VT wrote:
> So, finally, with the power of copypaste, trial and error,
> concentration and endless compilation, the new mixbrush (of doom) has
> been born.

Congrats! I bet you would like some review :-)

* comments in English, please

* please keep to the coding style. I'm not a nit-picker, but indent with 4
spaces etc. See http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/Kdelibs_Coding_Style

* same with gui layout :-). It needs to be as similar as possible to the other
brush engine options.

* I think you're not totally clear on the topic of color spaces. Basically,
you never should get the channel values out of a pixel yourself and do
computations with them. A paint device can be in any colorspace, with one to
more than a dozen channel components. Colorspaces offer methods for mixing
colors already, and you should use that. If it doesn't provide what you need,
you could convert to 32 bits floating point rgb, do your stuff and convert
back, but that's slow and not recommended at all. Strongly discouraged, in
fact.

For the rest, great work! And it makes me confident you will be able to do
successful work on a gsoc project.