New mixbrush alpha/beta version

JL VT pentalis at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 02:07:37 CEST 2010

So, finally, with the power of copypaste, trial and error,
concentration and endless compilation, the new mixbrush (of doom) has
been born.

The brush works as intended, except for a few alpha/beta lack of
functionalities:
1.- At the moment, the brush considers all the colors in its
rectangular dab to make an average color, instead of only the relevant
pixels beneath the brush (i.e.: a circle, an ellipse, etc). This has
to be fixed in the future, but I'll probably use a not-very-elegant
fix (just shrinking the square a little, trying to "square the
circle"), in an attempt to preserve speed.
2.- Only the Pigment Retention slider works in the Config Tab of Joy.
3.- It doesn't have enough features (yet) to give the feeling of the
gimp-painter brush.
4.- The code is a complete developer-hostile mess at the moment (even
the filenames), but it works!, and it doesn't crash my computer not
even with stylus.

On the upside:
1.- The brush exists and WORKS RIGHT NOW.

And with certainty:
1.- It won't be alpha/beta forever. Code will be cleaned and features
will be added.

I wanted to submit a patch but "svn diff" only gave me 1 line of
changes (adding the directory "doom" to CMakeLists.txt in
/plugins/paintops/). Therefore, I'm instead including a link to the
paintop directory in .tar.gz format.

http://pentalis.org/doommixbrush_0.1.tar.gz

I don't know if attachments like this are ok, so for now this link will do.

Don't forget to add the following line:
add_subdirectory( doom )
/krita/plugins/paintops/CMakeLists.txt
to let the directory be found by the compiler.

So there, this is my second code contribution to Krita  =)   I need to
focus on my thesis (deadline approaching) and a few pending reports I
have for now, but I'll be back in full-focus in a couple weeks.
I'm looking forward to Google's Summer of Code, stay tuned to my
mock-up application which I'll submit in a few days for review.

Have an excellent day.