Krita 2.2 feature list

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Mar 18 20:16:53 CET 2010

Hi,

Krita 2.2 is, as a painting application, pretty good! It's fast, there
are cool brush engines, most of our file format filters are very good,
there are lots of other good and end-user ready features.

Some things aren't really ready yet though, and yesterday when I was
chatting with Lukas we got the notion that it might be better to actually
disable a number of semi-done features.

The reason is that I expect that with the release of Krita 2.3 (shall we
renumber it to 3.0?), we will get a lot of attention and lots of people
will fire up their package manager, install Krita and give it a try. And
most likely they will end up giving 2.2 a try, not 2.3.

So in order to avoid really bad disappointments, I propose to disable
those features where we know more work is needed.

My list currently has:

 * transform tool
 * perspective transform
 * move tool (unless I manage to fix the bugs)
 * path tool (unless the fg fill color is fixede)
 * shear image (the dialog is not usable)
 * convert image type (there are still bad bugs here, they were already
   around in 2.1)
 * image background (the background isn't saved or loaded yet)
 * add drop shadow (it seemed not to work last time I tried it)
 * bumpmap (either I am misusing it, or it is broken)
 * painterly color mixer
 * mypaing brush engine
 * psd filter
 * mixing brush

I'm not sure about (not a vote against them, I just don't know)

 * perspective grid
 * HDR bracketing
 * Tonemapping
 * Tutorials menu entry

Any others? Any items that shouldn't be in this list?

Boudewijn