koffice-ko feature branch

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Mar 17 20:23:02 CET 2010

Hi,

As announced, I've created the koffice-ko branch for feature development
during the 2.2 freeze. This branch can be used to develop (experimental)
features while the freeze is on, things like Lukas' Krita work, Pierre's
bubbles or the features KO, Ixonos and KDab need to develop to fix bugs
for the Nokia viewer project.

We're using one branch for all this since it hardly seems likely that
these projects will bite each other. On the other hand, please keep in
mind that this branch will be, until trunk opens, what KO GmbH/KDab/Ixonos
deliver to Nokia, so it should be compilable and if you intend to do
really weird things within the three core applications or the libraries,
please contact someone from KO GmbH first.

I will backport bugfixes from trunk to this branch every
night (except Sundays, most likely) using svnmerge.py (see
http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tools/svnmerge.py), so do not merge
from trunk to the branch by hand!

All _bugfixes_ should go into trunk, even when done by KO, KDab or Ixonos.
I will not merge from the branch to trunk until the freeze is lifted!

Note also that for features developed in the branch, normal review rules
will come into effect at the merge-to-trunk point.

If in doubt about what you should do, ping me on irc and we can
discuss it. I will merge all those bugfixes to koffice-ko.

The address of the branch is: branches/work/koffice-ko

Boudewijn